Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How life changes and oh how it flies!

I can't believe I haven't been on here in a year! I didn't document all the good stuff!! Oh well, I'll do my best to give you a rough draft on the past year.

I never would have imagined a year ago how much my life would change. I never would have done this if I had know how hard it was going to be. And I am so glad I didn't know because I am wrecked and I never want to go back to my selfish, unfulfilled life before three beautiful, wonderful, amazing, traumatized, traumatizing, exasperating, monster children came into my life. I have grown so much as a person I doubt my friends,(the ones not in the trenches with me) recognize me anymore!

Of course for them to recognize me they would actually have to see me and to see me I would actually have to leave my house and since I have three kids now AND I home school,(Yes, I said I'd never do that! But guess what? There are a lot of things I have done as a mom that I said I'd never do!) so that doesn't happen very often. LOL!

So I left off in Jan. right after Virgil tried to die on me. Scary! But not the only brush with death he would have in 2010. He was also punched in the face several times and choked while strapped in his car seat.(I mention this causally but at the time it was very serious and we took all precautions necessary to keep him safe once we realized he was in danger.) He has inflicted several black eyes on himself,(he is my daredevil.) and lots of bumps and bruises. He is tuff though. At least now he is learning to come to me with his boo boo's. He is super active and adores Ryan above all else. He loves to jump into Ryan's arms and say "Let's go!"

I spent much of the year driving from one town to the next taking E and J to various social worker meeting, therapy sessions and physiological evaluations and visits with birth family. Since they are from another county we did ALOT of driving!

They were diagnosed with a few disorders so I did lots of studying to know how best to help them.

I don't think there is a surface in my house that hasn't either been pied on or pooped on...

In March a family friend was murder and so that added to our current state of trauma.

Life was really really hard for awhile and I didn't think I could do it. Thankfully I have a wonderful support system made up of family, friends, other adoptive parents and seasoned foster parents that have been invaluable in this process.

We finalized Virgil's adoption in August. It was scary to finalize the older two with all their behaviors not under control. But we believed that God was calling us and so we finalised E and J's adoptions in October.

And then the most amazing thing happened....

The very day we finalized ALL the behaviors stopped!!! We didn't know what to think. We just prayed it was for real. And it was. Sure they still have baggage. They are human and they have been through more then any one should go through. But they are normal. They are great kids and we are so blessed and honored to be their parents.

I know this updae is pretty vague. In the midst of the process I could not imagine ever putting myself through that again. But now that we have come through the storm I don't remember a lot of it and I no longer feel the pain. I know what God has brought me through and how it has change my life forever. He is an awesome God this God that I serve.

Now we are looking forward to a future full of hope and new adventure. Maybe even another adoption. Time will tell. Please keep praying for us!

My plan is to start posting on this blog again. I know the next andventure is going to be hard, harder then the last but I am up for the challenge and I don't want anyone to miss out on it this time!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Christie said...

wow! What a roller coaster year you've had. Glad that things are starting to get on track and that your family has been so blessed. It's good to see an update from you.